Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Weekend away. Sweet quiet time with my heavenly Father!

I was lucky enough to take some time last weekend to go away to the mountains with some wonderful Christian ladies. We had so much fun! Lots of great food, shopping and laughing but best of all...quiet time with my Lord! It was so good for me.

I had a prayer partner for the weekend and I asked her to pray for me about my frustration with my own mental struggles as we prepare to go to Zambia. Although, I often feel SO excited and sure of what God called us to there are other times when I feel completely defeated and overwhelmed. I feel afraid and unsure. It is very hard when I feel that way. I know, intellectually, that God is my strength and it is not about what I am but what He is. I want to rest in Him.

The Lord really spoke to me and gave me such encouragement. The first thing I noticed is that I was singing a song in my mind without thinking about it. As I started to pay attention to the words, I realized God was speaking to me through it. The funny thing is that I do not own this song, really didn’t even know I knew of it! Here is the song and the words. 

"How He Loves"
DAVID CROWDER BAND (originally by John Mark McMillan)

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us, oh,
Oh, how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us, oh,
Oh, how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves.

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If his grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about the way...

He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves.

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us...
Oh, how He loves us...
Oh, how He loves us.

As the love of my Jesus poured into my heart and I cried tears of joy, I felt so loved and accepted. It is the amazing thing about faith and the thing that I SO wish for others to understand. How much Jesus loves us, and how He really does respond to our prayers. 

After that, He showed me a scripture verse that spoke against my fears and comforted me. 

You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its farthest regions, And said to you, ‘You are my servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away: Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:9-10.

Again, exactly what I needed! So sweet and personal. So God!!!

Lastly, He brought to mind a quote from ‘The Help’. It says: “You is kind, You is smart, You is important.” I want to say that to all of you that may take the time to read this. It is true! We are each loved by Jesus and we need to hear it….YOU is kind, YOU is smart, YOU is important!!!!! 

Blessings to you sweet ones!
JEN =)

No comments:

Post a Comment